Welcome to the Laughter Specialists and thank you so much for taking the time
to find out about our charity.
Our reason for existing is to support vulnerable children and their families to overcome some difficult times. Laughter and Fun are essential to our overall health and well-being and we work tirelessly to provide this to those who need it the most.
We are specifically trained Laughter Specialists who provide engaging and supportive interactions to children often struggling with circumstances that none of us would want to be in. We use a variety of entertainment skills, comedy, singing, puppetry, magic and improvisation, alongside our psychological understanding to provide magical moments and mental respite. We are privileged to do our work and be able to make a difference to families in such personal situations. We work in schools, hospices and alongside NHS Staff in hospitals too.
We thank you in advance if by learning about us and our work, you are able to help us make such a valuable difference to these children.
A word from our Patron
Teachers, doctors and care staff tell us they have found our visits to be stimulating and enhancing, but more importantly, the children and adults we meet have said how much they love to join in the laughter and fun and how it improves their well being.
- Established over 13 years
- Supported in excess of 60,000 children and their families
- Trained at Great Ormond St, St Thomas’ and Guy’s Hospital London
- Based in East of England and aims to grow nationally over the next 5 years
- Supporting the growing mental health issues children are facing
- Unique work with special needs children developing communication and life skills
- Endorsed by top paediatric consultant Rob Russell from the world renowned Addenbrooke’s Children’s Hospital based in Cambridge
- Scientific evidence supporting the positive effects of our work on physiology, mental health and overall heath & wellbeing